Some parts of the village will have a planned power-cut this Friday. You should have had a letter through your door if it will affect you. There will be a planned power cut in at least some parts of Tattingstone on the morning of Friday 17th February.
The power needs to be switched off to enable tree trimming. The notes that some people have received does give a reference. INCD – 1095994-A and a helpline number of 0800 3265341 is available
UK Power Networks top tips for being without power
1. Even without power, most modern fridges and freezers can stay cold for a surprisingly long time. Set your freezer to its coldest setting about 12 hours before the electricity goes off and avoid opening the door. Watch our video for more information.
2. Remember to back up work on your computer and turn it off before the planned power cut.
3. If you’re worried about alarms I suggest you contact the operator or manufacturer for further information.
4. Try not to use candles unless they are fixed in some way to a china or metal saucer. Please, never leave lit candles in unoccupied rooms.
5. Remember that some cordless phones, once the batteries are dead, won’t work and some will not work at all without mains power.
6. If you are reliant on electricity for medical equipment let us know immediately and we’ll do all we can to help. If you are already on our priority services register, we will be aware. If not, we’ll add you. Take a look here for more information about this service.
7. Last but not least, turn off all the electrical equipment except for one light, so that you’ll know when the power has come back on.